If you are putting a lot of work into your resume, you should also be hammering out a cover letter as well. Having a quality cover letter at your disposal will be criticalyoure your search for jobs in Idaho Falls. Avoiding mistakes and following the right steps will help your letter stand out from the rest in the eyes of potential employers. Here are some solid cover letter tips, courtesy of Seth Porges of Forbes:
1. Dont repeat your resume: this is a pretty common one. A lot of applicants treat their cover letters as just extended versions of their resumes, regurgitating all of their prior work experience and education into the letter, forgetting the fact that that is what resumes are for. Briefly recapping your experience in one or two sentences is fine, but always remember that your resume is about your experience; your cover letter is about you and what you will bring to the company.
2. Keep it short: cover letters should never exceed a page. In fact, the average cover letter can be written in just three paragraphs and still contain all of the relevant information. If you are having trouble keeping your letter short, following step one will probably help.
3. Address no one: often times applicants will not be aware of whom to address in their letter. If you are ignorant as to whom exactly will be reading your it, dont bother addressing anyone at all; jumping right into the body is acceptable.
4. Dont ever: use phrase My name is ______, and I am applying for the position of _____. This is information that the employer already knows
5. Give it a strong closer: end your letter on a strong note with two to three sentences explaining how your experience can help your job performance. Once that is written, nothing else should come after it.
By Kyle Wise
Click here to find Idaho Falls Jobs
Back to About