Our Shift Managers ARE "all that and a bag of potato chips"!
Why? Because they make those chips, or more accurately, they make the ingredients for the snack-food industry!
The Shift Manager is responsible for the food safety and product quality of all products produced on the shift and for ensuring all products are produced in accordance to the established guidelines, bills of material, and SOPs. Will ensure all shift employees are trained and adhere to company and regulatory personnel safety policies, programs and procedures, including GMPs and HACCP. Will manage personnel assigned to the shift, including hiring, evaluating, training, disciplining, time-keeping and record keeping.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision of all production activities including: food safety and quality, production volumes, blend back, waste reduction, efficiency goals, water usage, maintenance, sanitation and employees in immediate area of responsibility.
- Manages employee’s time, delegates and assigns duties to ensure full and effective use of workforce. Responsible for managing personnel assigned to the shift, including hiring, terminating, evaluating, training, disciplining, time-keeping and record keeping.
- Follow up with shift maintenance personnel on their assigned list of responsibilities and/or direct them to prioritize projects and minimize downtime.
- Supervises and monitors the entire plant and activities of all employees working throughout the plant, regardless of department, during off hours or other times when plant or production management are not present.
- Trains and develops employees to ensure compliance to all company and regulatory safety programs, policies and procedures.
- Communicates and works with other Shift Managers regarding product and production, sanitation and maintenance issues, and all other matters necessary for the safe, clean and efficient operation of people and equipment.
- Communicates and effectively works with all other departments including Quality Assurance, Packaging, Sanitation, Maintenance, Shipping & Receiving, Raw Receiving, Environmental Health & Safety.
- Must be able to certify/train in and follow all procedures and guidelines for safe operation within the production area (LO/TO, PPEs, First Aide, etc.).
- Monitor Quality Assurance reports and procedures, supervises all compliance issues, and line-setting adjustments.
- Complete all necessary production reports, inventory reports, and all other record keeping required for this position, including timely and accurate data entry in company ERP system.
- Document employee issues, complaints, work-related injuries or illnesses, reasons for merit and/or rewards, counsel and recognize employees as appropriate.
- Inspect and monitor materials, product, equipment and production processes. Keep areas of responsibility clean and well maintained.
- Food Safety and Product Quality: Ensure all employees who report directly to the Shift Manager are trained in and knowledgeable of all Company food safety and product quality policies, programs and procedures. This includes the supervision of employee activities and all necessary and related documentation and record keeping/paperwork. As part of this responsibility, the Shift Manager must be fully trained in the Company’s food safety and product quality policies, programs, and procedures including but not limited to HACCP, GMP, Allergen Control, and Sanitation programs.
- All other duties as necessary and assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of weights, units of measure, basic math principles, production processes, quality control, and additional techniques to maximize the efficiency of production while ensuring product and personnel safety.
- Knowledge of all plant GMP and food safety requirements, programs, polices and procedures.
- Familiarity with OSHA requirements; must disseminate safety concepts and practices, and ensure all personnel work in a safe manner to encourage an environment where safety is a priority.
- Ability to delegate and assign duties among employees; identify and complete additional areas of training as needed.
- Must be able to read, understand and adjust when necessary gauges, meters, and computerized controls.
- Ability to keep accurate, complete, and legible records in English.
- Familiarity with sanitation techniques and the appropriate use of cleaning materials.
- Knowledge of food production equipment and machines.
- Ability to use active listening, critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage own time and the time of others effectively and efficiently.
- Must be self motivated / self starter. Understand the need to set achievable and realistic goals, and follow through by establishing consistent accountability in an effort to achieve goals.
- Attention to detail; willingness to address problems and aggressively work towards discovering the root cause and finding solutions.
Education must be of such level as to allow for the accurate reading, writing, calculation and communication of the required materials and instructions to complete the responsibilities and safety requirements of the Shift Manager position. High school diploma/equivalent or higher education preferred. Prior supervisory experience required.
- Must be able to stand, bend, or move repetitively for up to 12 hours.
- Must be able to lift on a regular basis up to 50 lbs without assistance, and 100 lbs with assistance.
- Ability to tolerate working with or around dust or chemicals.
- Work and maneuver safely around moving parts and machinery.
- Bending, stretching, lifting, reaching, climbing, crawling and crouching required.
- Must be willing and able to work weekends, holidays, and extended hours as needed.
The Shift Manager will directly supervise employees within his or her area of responsibility. Will be required to identify vacant positions, review applications, interview and offer employment to the most qualified candidates. Work with all new hires for training and safety; identify developmental needs, training needs, issue discipline and corrective actions as appropriate. The Shift Manager will have authority to authorize overtime, merit pay and recognition programs, and will work with management for hiring and firing needs.
Normal plant / manufacturing environment. Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Shift Manager works a twelve-hour schedule, 3 on, 4 off or 4 on 3 off, that rotates from days to nights every three months. Shift Managers may be on call for any days or hours. Position is very physical / hands on. Will be exposed to high levels of noise, extreme heat or cold, steam, dust, and wet, humid and slick conditions, and all other factors normally attributed to a manufacturing environment.
Please apply in person at 4723 East 100 North, Ririe, Idaho or email in confidence to: email@example.com.
Idaho Pacific Corporation is prod to be a Drug-Free, AA / EO / M / F / Disabled / V Employer and E-Verify Participant