Plant & Quarry Maintenance Operator Job Description
Thermocal Minerals of Idaho (TMI), is a key supplier of warm water calcium and other earth minerals. TMI is a daughter company of Van Beek Natural Science (VBNS). VBNS is a proud leader of effective, all-natural alternatives that promote optimal animal nutrition, wellness, and performance. With more than 30 patents, our team is committed to quality through numerous regulatory measures such as OMRI, the American Feed Industry Association FSC36 Safe Feed/Safe Food initiative, HACCP, NASC, and more.
The Plant & Quarry Maintenance Operator will support our global mission by being responsible for the professional, safe, and timely repair of fixed and mobile machines, equipment, or components required for mining operations. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty according to expectation.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Service and repair various pieces of quarry equipment including, scrapers, excavators, loaders, haul trucks, crushers, conveyors, and vehicles.
· Analyze, diagnose; repair, rebuild and provide maintenance of heavy and light duty equipment.
· Assists with and performs preventative maintenance activities on fixed and mobile equipment.
· Perform reconditioning and repair of all machine systems and components.
· Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on equipment, and makes adjustments.
· Makes arrangements when repairs should be outsourced and communicates with vendors concerning cost, schedule, changes, and completions dates for repairs. Maintains constant communication with management by providing cost estimates, repair status, and completion dates.
· Oversees maintenance and repair of equipment, both at the yard and at the project sites.
· Ensures that all equipment is completely inspected, and malfunctions or damages are documented and repaired.
· Establishes, maintains, and monitors preventative maintenance schedule on equipment.
· Participates in the equipment evaluation process to determine buy/sell needs.
· Develops and maintains records of repairs and maintenance on equipment.
· Reviews for approval all equipment related invoices and works directly with vendors to resolve billing errors and/or warranty claims.
· Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
· Schedules equipment to be fixed and serviced either in house or taken to a third party.
· Safely and efficiently operate various pieces of quarry equipment including, scrapers, excavators, loaders, haul trucks, crushers, conveyors, and vehicles.
· Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools as necessary, to make and repair parts.
Qualification, Education, Certification, and or Experience:
· 3+ years prior heavy equipment experience and strong mechanical and diagnostic skills.
· Possess a current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). Maintains required licensure and related certification as required by law.
· Completed MSHA Part 46 Training. Complete all required MSHA reporting and compliance requirements and follow MSHA regulations
· The ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
· Wear and use all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
· Adhere to company manuals or employee handbook.
Communication and Language skills:
· Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write complex correspondence.
· Ability to read and interpret schematics and blueprints.
· Conveys thoughts clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
· Displays contagious enthusiasm for objectives, tasks and people. Positively affects the commitment of others.
· Maintains professionalism in the way he communicates, refraining from foul language, and inappropriate language.
· Must speak English. Multi-lingual, Spanish speaking a plus!
· Required to sit and to stand; use hands and fingers to grasp and hold objects, tools and/or controls, likewise reach with arms and hands. The employee is also, at times, exposed to fumes and or airborne particulates.
· Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed; respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 75-lbs and crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders.
· Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions; exposure to wet and/or humid outside weather conditions; and cold and/or heat as needed.
· Ability to maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
For the right candidate, many exciting growth opportunities are available.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.